The College of Humanities and Sciences has experienced momentous changes in the previous calendar and academic year, from incorporating adaptive learning technology in some Algebra courses to restructuring in a college-centric model.
Even though I write this toward the end of our second quarter, the advent of 2014 brings promise of more change. The change looming largest for the College of Humanities and Sciences is our transition into the New Classroom. Even though we originally anticipated that transition in late January, it is currently planned for April 2014.
The university mission describes our dedication to provide student learning opportunities and support their professional goals. I am sure many of you have seen the marketing segments proclaiming the University of Phoenix scholarship and career counselling initiatives toward that end. We are also working to ensure the college is delivering on the goal by measuring outcomes through programmatic assessment initiatives led by our College Faculty Assessment Liaisons.
I am excited about all these new directions, and invite each of you to engage in academic discourse as we focus our contributions to create a positive and fruitful learning environment in our courses and programs.
I am excited about all these new directions, and invite each of you to engage in academic discourse as we focus our contributions to create a positive and fruitful learning environment in our courses and programs.
Douglas Lenz
Director of Academic Affairs
No comments:
Post a Comment